Founder & CEO
Internet Marketing Bio
SEO Consultant for Lawyers
- Hometown: DeSoto, IL
- Education: BA in History
- Interests: Traveling, Food, SEO, UNC College Basketball, St. Louis Cardinals, Technology, Poker, Summer Weather
I’ve never met a great lawyer who wasn’t relentless about winning.
They devour every bit of knowledge that can give them an edge. They treat clients with integrity and work hard to earn their trust—because your reputation is everything.
And they bring their best to every case, every time.
Because in law, there’s no “second place.”
So why should there be in SEO?
My life and my business have both been shaped by six little words my Dad drilled into me as a kid: “You play the game to win.”
It’s why I get along with lawyers so well: we’re cut from the same competitive cloth.
I got my start in SEO as a self-taught affiliate marketer competing in some of the most ruthless niches on the web. I spent my days building websites and my nights poring over SEO forums, running tests, and absorbing any knowledge I thought could give me an edge.
It was a great hands-on education in SEO: Learn. Apply. Test. Repeat.
Fast forward a few years: I took a job with an SEO agency where I was managing campaigns for over 30 law firms. I loved the competitiveness of the legal niche.
But I hated how unethical my employer was becoming. Time and again, I saw them put short-term revenue over lasting results.
(They’ve since gone out of business.)
I didn’t think SEO had to be a zero-sum game. I believed (and still do) that the easiest way to be profitable is to do what you promise.
I decided to take my experience in working with law firms and build an agency that would hide nothing and give their best to every client, every time. Because like you, I believe reputation is everything.
Today we serve elite personal injury lawyers who share that same commitment to integrity and relentless drive to win.
Because similar to personal injury law, there’s no prize for second page in SEO.
You want to be the best. We have that in common.
I think it’s time we connected.
As Seen In
- Forbes: SEO For Lawyers: Grow Your Firm With Search Engine Optimization
- MOZ: How to Create and Run an Effective Scholarship Outreach Campaign
- AVVO: How to use SEO to build your legal brand
- Ahrefs: Manual Penalty Removal: An Ahrefs Case Study
- Legal Ink Magazine: Author Profile
- Attorney At Work: Top 10 Attorney Directories Where You Should Be Found
- Crisp Video Group: Experts Weigh In On Their 2019 Legal Marketing Predictions
- Ahrefs: 90 SEO Experts Talk White Hat Link Building, Outsourcing And Scaling
- MyTasker.com: SEO Tips for 2017: 39 Experts Share their insights on SEO
- FME Addons: How to Sustain eCommerce Website Rankings
- RobbieRichards.com: The Best SEO Tools: 143 SEO Experts Cast Their Votes (Plus Leaderboard)
- RobbieRichards.com: 59 Experts Discuss Key SEO Metrics to Measure ROI (SEO Dashboard Template Inside)
- Axis Web Art: SEO In 2019 [Experts Roundup] – Ranking Factors, Predictions & Working SEO Techniques
- Circle of Legal Trust: – 2015
- Circle of Legal Trust: – 2016
- Circle of Legal Trust: – 2017
- Avvo Lawyernomics — 2018
- Local Business Marketing Summit – 2018
Other Random Accomplishments
- I’m a giant nerd: Legend of 5 Rings CCG – 4-time Kotei Winner. One of the top ranked players in the World.
- I’m a retired rounder: 2011 Full Tilt Poker Tournament – 4th place out of 14,000 players.
- I completed the St. Louis Tough Mudder 5-Mile – 2018
- I graduated with a B.A. in History Education
- And, because I can’t let the glory days die: Black Diamond Basketball All-Conference – Captain