Instagram is the fourth most used social media platform in the world. The average person on the platform spends 30 minutes a day there.
While the feed scrolls by quickly, you can capture the attention of your ideal client on the platform. Generating engaging and interesting content might prompt a prospective client to learn more about you in your bio.
If you can get someone to click over to your bio to learn more, you want to make a solid impression there. Your bio should make it clear what you do and the kind of content you'll share.
This could be the thing that tips someone over the edge to follow you or to connect with you personally.
Your bio is about you, but it's also about giving your audience a window into the value you provide on the platform.
Crafting your own bio on Instagram is best for connecting with your audience. You can use the lists in this article for inspiration as you make your own.
Why You Should Go with an Original Bio
There is no shortage of lawyers on Instagram using copy-and-paste bios. Recycled quotes from other people may be convenient, but they won't help you stand out.
A recycled quote or joke doesn't tell your audience anything about you or what you have to offer as an attorney.
Your Instagram bio is another chance to stand out from the crowd. You can use your bio real estate to tell your potential clients who you are, who you serve, and how you help them.
Client-Experience Focused Instagram Bio Ideas for Lawyers
When you can give people a window into what it's like to work with you, you're in a better position to attract ideal clients who are looking for your skillset and unique value proposition.
Modify these bio prompts to your practice area to ensure readers know exactly who you are.
- Expertise Meets Experience
- Putting Clients First
- Empowering Your Legal Rights
- Legal Assistance You Can Count On
- Your Advocates in the Legal System
- Comprehensive Legal Services for Your Needs
- Effective Legal Solutions for Your Business
- Skilled Representation for Your Case
- Compassionate and Diligent Attorneys
- A Legal Firm That Cares
- Your Reliable Legal Partner
- Your Strongest Legal Ally
- Your Dedicated Legal Advocates
- Your Partner for Personal and Business Needs
- Advocating for Your Fair Treatment
- Legal Solutions That Work for You
- Your Trustworthy Legal Team
- Fighting for Your Best Interests
- Innovative Legal Solutions for Your Business
- Your Legal Advocates for Life
- Results-Driven and Client-Focused
- A Firm That Fights for You
- Personalized Legal Advice
- Fighting for Justice
- Legal Solutions for Life's Challenges
- Dedicated to Your Case
- Personalized Legal Services
- Protecting Your Interests
- Committed to Your Success
Here, McBean Immigration Law highlights the aspirations of their clients: to live the best life they can in the United States.
Without getting too narrow, this lawyer hits right at what's most valuable at the end of a challenging legal journey. The bio also indicates this lawyer is a thought leader by pointing out their subscriber level on YouTube, which is full of helpful information for people with immigration-related questions.
Instagram Bio Ideas Focused on Your Competitive Edge as a Lawyer
To stand out from the competition, your law firm may look at legal problems in an innovative way. This gets to the heart of some of the top concerns people have about working with a lawyer.
For clients who want an advocate in their corner taking their needs and questions seriously, this category of Instagram bios tells a bit more about how you look at legal problems to find solutions.
- Experienced and Skilled Attorneys
- Your Voice in the Legal System
- Smart, Strategic, and Aggressive Representation
- Compassionate and Tenacious Attorneys
- A Law Firm You Can Trust
- Innovating Legal Solutions
- Your Shield in the Legal Arena
- Your Legal Partner
- Compassionate Advocacy
- Experienced Legal Counsel for You
- Your Voice in the Legal Arena
- Holding X Opponents Accountable (Insurance Companies, etc.)
- Mediation-Focused Lawyers Who Help You Win Out of Court
- Strategic Legal Counsel for Your Case
- Award-Winning Trial Advocates
- Professional Legal Services That Deliver Results
- Innovative Legal Strategies That Win
- Legal Solutions That Meet Your Needs
- Advocating for Your Best Interests
- Your Strategic Legal Advisors
- Empowering You with Legal Expertise
- Skilled Advocacy for Your Case
- Legal Support for Personal and Business Needs
- Professional Legal Services That Work
- Legal Representation Putting Settlement First
- Creative and Strategic Legal Solutions
- Innovative Legal Strategies for You
- Trusted Advisors in the Legal Arena
- Innovative and Creative Legal Strategies
- Delivering Better Outcomes for Clients
- Skilled and Experienced Attorneys
- Protecting Your Future
- Legal Assistance for All
- Dedicated to Protecting Your Rights
- Finding Solutions for Complex Legal Issues
- Your Strongest Legal Advocate
- Legal Solutions for Your Business
- Protecting Your Interests with Expertise
- Efficient and Effective Legal Services
- Skilled Legal Representation for Your Case
- Trusted Legal Counsel for America's X Clients
Thought-Provoking Instagram Bio Ideas for Lawyers
While it's a best practice to touch on your most prominent practice area, you might also decide to dig deeper. You might want your bio to reflect on the bigger mission for your firm, something you care about in your community, or a unique aspect of your practice.
Here are some examples of other Instagram bio concepts that go a little deeper than talking only about what kinds of cases you accept.
- Empowering You with Legal Knowledge You Need to Win
- Advocating for Your Rights and Freedom
- Dedicated to Exploring All Avenues for Resolution
- Restoring Justice for X Clients
- Giving a Voice to Y Clients
- Challenging a Broken System/Process
- Taking Injustice Head On for Z Clients
- Finding/Providing Clarity in the Legal Process
- Dedicated to Justice for All
- Fighting for What Matters: Your Constitutional Rights
- Protecting Your Rights and Future
- National Team of X Lawyers with a Reputation for Y
- Your Legal Guardian
- Problem-Solving Lawyers
- Your Advocates in the Legal System
- Legal Solutions for Real Life
- Your Legal Shield Against Injustice
- Finding Solutions to Your Legal Problems
- Your Trusted Partner in the Legal System
- Bringing Resolution to Complex Legal Issues
- Legal Support for Life's Challenges
- Bringing Justice to Your Doorstep
- Your Ally in the Courtroom
- The Law on Your Side
How to Create Your Own Unique Lawyer Instagram Bio
Creating an original, compelling lawyer bio doesn’t take much more effort than using a premade one, but you can get much more out of it.
There are four simple steps to writing a compelling lawyer bio on Instagram:
- Make your services clear
- Use relevant hashtags
- Make it easy to read
- Use the right link in your bio.
Following the steps below sets you on the path to making a great lawyer Instagram bio.
1. Make What You Do Clear
Since you only have a brief opportunity to make an impression with your Instagram bio, make it count. You might want to write this in Microsoft Word or Google Docs to make sure that you're staying under the 150 character count.
Within your bio, focus on telling people who you are and what you do. Use keywords so you show up in Instagram's search.
For example, an accident lawyer might use the terms "personal injury" or "accident victims" in their bio to make it completely clear what they do.
Clear doesn't mean stuffing in every keyword you can think of, though.
Trying to overload the space with too much information or emojis may do more harm than good. Doing that doesn't always clearly share your expertise with Instagram. This could result in you not showing up in search results.
Moe the Lawyer makes his practice areas, location, and contact details very clear. While he does use an emoji, it's only one and makes sense for his profession.
2. Include Relevant Hashtags
It is a good idea to use hashtags in your bio and throughout Instagram where relevant.
One of the most common mistakes attorneys make when it comes to hashtags is using far too many of them. The 150 character limit includes any hashtags, so use them sparingly in your bio.
The hashtag included in this bio makes sense. It makes both the firm’s practice area and geographic service area clear for any visitor who sees the bio.
3. Make it Easy to Read
Take advantage of making your content easier for a viewer to read. Spacing things out does take up valuable character space, but it also makes for a more compelling bio.
Line breaks, emojis, and other formatting options help your text stand apart. This makes it simple for someone to absorb the information quickly.
This Miami injury attorney uses line breaks and emojis really well. He also wraps things up with a clear call to action, pointing to the most relevant links on his website.
4. Make Your Bio Link Count
You only get one bio link on your profile, and many people use tools that open a pop-up of other links. This can help drive traffic to book a call directly, download a free guide, or go somewhere on your website.
Decide what's going to get the most impact for your law firm based on your personal Instagram goals.
Your Instagram Bio is Just the Beginning
Now that you know what works for a strong Instagram profile, you can draft up an idea for your own. Once you have a bio and picture added, you're ready for the next level of using Instagram to get clients.
Your bio is just the beginning. Choosing the right captions on your Instagram posts is an art form of its own. Knowing what kinds of law firm Instagram post ideas to use will help you reach your target audience.
Putting these elements together will help you move them through the law firm marketing funnel.